An architect’s review of the Frank Gehry Masterclass: what to expect, what you’ll get, who I think it’s for, my favorite lessons, and whether I think it’s worth taking.
***Enroll here: http://thirtybyforty.com/gehry-masterclass
Gehry is a polarizing figure in the architecture world. You’ll either love or hate his work, rarely is there an in-between. This was actually one of the reasons I enrolled in the MasterClass, because I have a hard time with Gehry’s work; it defies sensibility to me. So, I wanted a deeper understanding of his motivations. And of course there’s the fact that this kind of personalized access to the mind and design process of a world-renowned architect is still a novel thing. Who wouldn’t jump at the chance to learn from this level of architect, a true master? I also wanted to cultivate the artist’s mindset in my own work.
Watch the video to see whether I think the course delivers on all that it promises.
**Enrolling here helps support the channel: http://thirtybyforty.com/gehry-masterclass
**Sketches of Frank Gehry (documentary): https://youtu.be/vYt2SQPqTh0
// GEAR I USE //
*Mavic Pro by DJI: http://amzn.to/2hW3dTA
* Canon 80D: http://amzn.to/2fBWGMQ
* Canon 24mm f2.8 Lens: http://amzn.to/29l7ac5
* Canon 40mm f2.8 Lens: http://amzn.to/29x2QcI
* Canon 10 – 18mm f4.5 – 5.6 IS Lens: http://amzn.to/2vyErvS
* Rode VideoMic Pro (hotshoe mtd.): http://amzn.to/29qlNM3
* ATR-2100 USB (dynamic mic): http://amzn.to/2dFDaKp
* Prismacolor Markers: http://thirtybyforty.com/markers
* Timelapse Camera: http://thirtybyforty.com/brinno
* AutoCAD LT: http://amzn.to/2dxjMDH
* SketchUp PRO: http://amzn.to/2cRcojz
* HP T120 Plotter: http://amzn.to/2dBGf1O
* Adobe CC Photography (Photoshop/Lightroom) Plan: http://amzn.to/2dhq5ap
* Architect + Entrepreneur Startup Toolkit: http://thirtybyforty.com/SPL
Please watch: “Client Meeting + Site Visit | Introducing The OUTPOST (a new project)”